I am a Symfony beginner. I am using Ubuntu 10.10 with PHP 5.3.3. While
following Amal's guide to create a Symfony2 app (http://bit.ly/hGyKct)
I ran the command:

php app/console assets:install web

and PHP is telling me that it can't find UniversalClassLoader.php in
src/Symfony/Component/HttpFoundation. I checked and it's not there in
my local folder nor on the Git repository. Here's the error:

PHP Warning: require_once(/var/www/secretary/src/vendor/symfony/src/
Symfony/Component/HttpFoundation/UniversalClassLoader.php): failed to
open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/secretary/src/
autoload.php on line 3
PHP Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '/var/www/
secretary/src/vendor/symfony/src/Symfony/Component/HttpFoundation/
UniversalClassLoader.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/
pear') in /var/www/secretary/src/autoload.php on line 3

UniversalClassLoader.php is, however, in the src/Symfony/Component/
ClassLoader folder, according to the Git repository.

Interestingly, the file symfony/autoload.php.dist on line 3 shows the
following code:

require_once DIR.'/src/Symfony/Component/ClassLoader/
UniversalClassLoader.php';

which seems to be the right reference.

Should line 3 on autoload.php appear as follows as it does in
autoload.php.dist?

require_once DIR.'/src/Symfony/Component/ClassLoader/
UniversalClassLoader.php';

I hope this is helpful. Or perhaps I'm doing something wrong and you
could point me in the right direction.

Thanks!

Ian D. Rossi

security at symfony-project.com