In your command line, if you type

php symfony

You will see a list of commands available and a short description of what
those commands do.
There you can see that doctrine:build-schema "Creates a schema from an
existing database"

If you are trying to create the database from a schema file, then
doctrine:build or doctrine:build-db is what you are looking for.

*One more thing* you need to think about: symfony will have its version 2
released in just a few weeks. Unless you are learning symfony in order to
join a team / project already started and using symfony 1.x, it would
probably be a better idea to start learning symfony2 directly.

security at symfony-project.com