Michal's idea is one way, although personally wouldn't add that many
fk's into Comment model. Each new model that will get commented, will
result in modifying Comment table. If it'll grow up, ALTER TABLE might
take long time.
Second idea is to create association tables for each commented model
(i'd prefer that), - Each new model will result ony in new association
table, without the need to alter comment table
Third idea is used in vjCommentPlugin:
http://www.symfony-project.org/plugins/vjCommentPlugin
There are no foreign keys, instead there is field which indicates
commented object's model, and it's id.

security at symfony-project.com