Hi,

If you are under symfony 1.x and not symfony2, then you need to check about
filters and the filter chain. You will be able in a config file to declare
your filter class anywhere inside the filter chain (including just before
the controller is called). Allowing you to execute whatever code you want
before any controller ever.

security at symfony-project.com