On your server in your project root run "symfony project:permissions" which
will automatically set the right permissions.

The permissions issue is the same even if you use other deployment methods
(like svn for example). Just be aware of it and each time you update run
that symfony command.

2011/3/6 Sebastian Göttschkes <sebastian.goettsch...@googlemail.com>

> Hi,
>
> I'm currently having issues deploying symfony from my Windows machine as
> rsync breaks file/folder permissions. I wrote a shell-script which is
> setting the correct permissions and groups again but I'm not sure about the
> best way using the script. I find it complicated to log in via ssh after the
> deploy is done and run the script manually.
>
> I know, this is not a symfony issue, but I figured since people here might
> use rsync with symfony, they'll have found a way to work around this.
>
> Regards,
> Sebastian

Gareth McCumskey
http://garethmccumskey.blogspot.com