Hey Justin-

Yes, we've removed what's known as the "short syntax". I think this will
actually make things a bit simpler and more transparent. You should now
actually define the connections beneath the connections key:

        doctrine:
            dbal:
                default_connection:   default
                connections:
                    default:
                        dbname:               database
                        host:                 localhost
                        port:                 1234
                        user:                 user
                        password:             secret
                        driver:               pdo_mysql

There are still a lot of minor things like this changing and we're not yet
at RC1, so no logs are made available (it would really slow things down).
But if you ask here, you will get an answer :)

Thanks!

Ryan Weaver
Lead Programmer - iostudio - Nashville, TN
http://www.iostudio.com
http://www.thatsquality.com
Twitter: @weaverryan

security at symfony-project.com