From: Jonathan Franks <jonat...@ifranks.com>
Sender: symfony-users@googlegroups.com
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2011 10:43:57
To: <symfony-users@googlegroups.com>
Subject: [symfony-users] Re: cli memory problem...

Hi Gabriel. Thanks! Following ur advice, I used a script to test memory usage
that I found here...

http://magazine.joomla.org/issues/Issue-Dec-2010/item/295-Are-you-getting-your-fair-share-of-PHP-memory?tmpl=component&print=1

And you were right! Through the web, the script happily gets up to 128mb but
from the cli it maxes out at 5mb.

I've now emailed my host asking them to look at this.

Do you or anyone else have any idea what settings other than memory_limit might
be effecting the, erm... memory limit?!

I read online that the apache directive RLimitMEM also limits memory but I'm
not sure if the cli version of php works with apache or not?

Any advice would be super helpful! Thanks!

security at symfony-project.com

security at symfony-project.com