Hi Alex,

If you want to place your files under your HOME accessible to Apache, you
have to give rx permission from / all the way down to the directory where
you setup your DocumentRoot. If you install your symfony
in /home/ahertz/sfprojects/jobeet/ then you need to give permission for
apache to /home, /home/ahertz, /home/ahertz/sfprojects/
and /home/ahertz/sfprojects/jobeet/.
That's 0755 if you keep your current ownership. In time, you will see that
the apache will need to write data to your local disk. You might want to
change group ownership to apache and give write permission to group level to
data/ cache/ and log/ under jobeet/ directory.

If you disable SELinux completely then you don't need to run "chcon -R -t
httpd_sys_content_t".

As for the alias, if you want to access your jobeet under a directory, e.g.
http://myserver/jobeet/ you'd need to modify web/.htaccess and change the
line containing index.php to suit your alias:
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ /jobeet/index.php [QSA,L]
Otherwise, when you try to run the production environment it will complain
about errors.

Regards,
Haris

security at symfony-project.com