i agree that investigating the available tools before you embark on your
development is crucial, but as Gareth mentioned having the available
expertise if your team jump ship (and they will) is also important, seeing
as your application is already up and running - it is going to take alot
more effort to rebuild your platform and learn a new framework, also ruby
has its own conventions when it comes to implementing models and views so
you wont be able to 'transplant' and existing logic into symfony.. its going
to be much cheaper to hammer your existing code into shape than starting
from scratch!

security at symfony-project.com