hi,
for a symfony2 project, i use twig. i have a template that outputs a
tree (nested php array)

what i try to do is: check if there is a 'children' field on the entry,
then if the children list contains at least one entry. (i have 3 cases:
an entry has children, it has no children (empty array) or we do not
know if there where children because we did not look). my current code
is this (and it fails on the first line. the next line is not good
either, because there is no count() in twig.)

{% if entry.children %}
  {% if count(entry.children) %}
    children
  {% else %}
    nochildren
  {% endif %}
{% endif %}

http://www.twig-project.org/doc/templates.html#variables
this claims that entry.children would return null if the entry has no
children field, but i get Item "children" for "Array" does not exist

1. how to check whether an array field is defined?
2. how to check whether a variable is a non-empty array?

cheers,
david

security at symfony-project.com