First, I'll give you the code upfront so you don't have to waste time
asking:

$ php app/console doctrine:schema:update --force
Updating database schema...

  [PDOException]

  SQLSTATE[42000]: Syntax error or access violation: 1064 You have an error
in your S
QL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version
for the rig
ht syntax to use near 'Index (id INT AUTO_INCREMENT NOT NULL, profile_id INT
DEFAULT
NULL, url VARCHAR(' at line 1

doctrine:schema:update [--complete] [--dump-sql] [--force] [--em[="..."]]
$ php app/console doctrine:schema:update --dump-sql
CREATE TABLE Index (id INT AUTO_INCREMENT NOT NULL, profile_id INT DEFAULT
NULL, url
VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL, text LONGTEXT NOT NULL, INDEX IDX_41B24805CCFA12B8
(profile_id
), PRIMARY KEY(id)) ENGINE = InnoDB;
CREATE TABLE Profile (id INT AUTO_INCREMENT NOT NULL, name VARCHAR(255) NOT
NULL, url
 VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL, regex VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL, PRIMARY KEY(id)) ENGINE
= InnoDB
;
ALTER TABLE Index ADD FOREIGN KEY (profile_id) REFERENCES Profile(id)

<?php
namespace TSEP\SearchBundle\Entity;

/**
 * @orm:Entity
 */
class Profile
{
/**
 * @orm:Id
 * @orm:Column(type="integer")
 * @orm:GeneratedValue(strategy="AUTO")
 */
    protected $id;

    /**
     * @orm:Column(type="string", length="255")
     */
    protected $name;

    /**
     * @orm:Column(type="string", length="255")
     */
    protected $url;

/**
     * @orm:Column(type="string", length="255")
     */
    protected $regex;

    /**
     *@orm:OneToMany(targetEntity="Index", mappedBy="Profile")
     */
    protected $indices;

}

<?php
namespace TSEP\SearchBundle\Entity;

/**
 * @orm:Entity
 */
class Index
{
/**
 * @orm:Id
 * @orm:Column(type="integer")
 * @orm:GeneratedValue(strategy="AUTO")
 */
    protected $id;

    /**
     * @orm:Column(type="string", length="255")
     */
    protected $url;

    /**
     * @orm:Column(type="text")
     */
    protected $text;

    /**
     *@orm:ManyToOne(targetEntity="Profile", inversedBy="Index")
     */
    protected $profile;

}

# Doctrine Configuration
doctrine:
    dbal:
        default_connection: default
        connections:
            default:
                driver:   %database_driver%
                host:     %database_host%
                dbname:   %database_name%
                user:     %database_user%
                password: %database_password%

    orm:
        auto_generate_proxy_classes: %kernel.debug%
        default_entity_manager: default
        entity_managers:
            default:
                mappings:
                    AcmeDemoBundle: ~
                    TSEPSearchBundle: ~

I can't update the schema as it instucts me to do in the manual. Any Ideas?

security at symfony-project.com