From:  Carl <carl.par...@gmail.com>
Date:  Fri, 22 Apr 2011 15:37:24 -0700 (PDT)
To:  <symfony-users@googlegroups.com>
Subject:  [symfony-users] Re: Symfony2 orm problems with FOSUserBundle

I ran into the same problem when trying to use groups with that bundle. I
tried a lot of different approaches and it kept incorrectly detecting my
schema. I first noticed a problem when I tried to run the
doctrine:schema:update command (with --dump-sql) and discovered that it
wasn't generating the right queries. So there's definitely an issue with
either the documentation or the implementation of groups. When looking at
the source code and the service definitions, it didn't look like groups were
finished yet. I may be wrong but pieces seemed like they were missing.

I'm afraid that I don't have a solution yet. For now I've abandoned using
groups and will just be using the event dispatcher
(http://symfony.com/doc/2.0/book/internals/event_dispatcher.html) to
add/remove roles from users. I'd prefer to use groups since they're
conceptually easier to manage but they were just causing me to waste far too
much time trying to get them to work at this point.

security at symfony-project.com

security at symfony-project.com