i while ago (back in march) i had tried to use ESI and never managed to
have symfony render an <esi:include> tag. i gave up at some point, not
sure if we do something wrong or if symfony has a bug.

you do tell varnish to send the esi capability headers along with the
request? you have to manually do that, as well as parse esi - the doc
about that is in the book... (but i did that back then, with no luck)

cheers,david

Am 30.04.2011 09:01, schrieb Matt Drollette:
> I was able to get ESI's to work with the built in Symfony reverse proxy.
> But then i switched to Varnish and they weren't behaving the same.
>
> I can make ESI work correctly if I manually put the <esi:include> in the
> template. But if i use:
>
> {% render '...:news' with {}, {'standalone': true} %}
>
> Then it just renders the "component" inline and not using an ESI. I do
> have esi: { enabled: true }
>  in my config.yml.
>
> I noticed if i changed the service definition in
> FrameworkBundle\Resources\config\esi.xml from:
>
> <service id="esi" class="%esi.class%" public="false" />
>
> to:
>
> <service id="esi" class="%esi.class%" public="true" />
>
> then the ESI's work as expected. I don't understand the DIC stuff well
> enough yet to know if this is a bug or if i'm just doing something
> wrong. Any ideas? Is anyone using sf2 beta1 with varnish and ESI's ?
>
> --
> If you want to report a vulnerability issue on symfony, please send it
> to security at symfony-project.com

- --
Liip AG // Agile Web Development // T +41 26 422 25 11
CH-1700 Fribourg // PGP 0xA581808B // www.liip.ch

security at symfony-project.com