Your posts can have an author id, which can be mapped to all permissions,
same as groups this user belongs and related permissions.
If you would do it right, hierarchical structure of your ACL you may need
only few specific access rights per user, like if user is banned from the
specific topic, when he will have a specific permission set for it exactly.
Otherwise everything is inheritance based. At least thats how I think ACL
should be handled. Setting access rights for each object is insane.

security at symfony-project.com