Here's my scenario, I'm not sure what the best way to implement this
is.

I'm creating a party bookings system. Anyone can go to my frontend app
and submit a new booking. Once they're finished, they'll just get a
confirmation screen, they can't edit it. Easy.

Only certain users will be able to get to the admin app (it might be
secured simply by being on an intranet, but that's not important, just
assume it will be only accessible by admin users). They'll be able to
view the list of submitted bookings. Easy.

My problem is around code re-use when allowing admin users to edit
existing bookings. When you do generate-module in Symfony, the
generated module (which as a newbie I'm assuming is a good example of
structuring things) creates the form as a partial. I've had to
customize this form a lot for my usage (lots of Javascript, etc), so
of course I want to re-use this code, to be able to load an existing
booking into this form. But there doesn't seem to be a way to share
this partial between the apps (I've seen people mention making a
plugin...but this seems complicated for this use).

I considered using an IFrame to load the form from the frontend and
just passing an "id" parameter to load it in edit mode, but this would
mean that the edit mode is not secure - anyone could go to the form on
the frontend and pass this parameter to edit a booking.

I also considered putting all of the form display code (HTML,
Javascript, etc) in a method on the form object, but this doesn't seem
very MVC - all of the display code is then in the form. But this is
only because I'm thinking of the form in the same way as a model - is
that right?

I feel like this should be a common situation. You can share models
and forms between apps, why can't you share this common form display
code too?

Thanks!

security at symfony-project.com