Hi,

I am trying with no luck to find a "referrer" object for use in my
controller. I expected there would be an object similar to the request
object with parameters specifying the _controller, _route and
arguments.

What I am trying to do is a language switcher action that redirects
the user to the same page in the new language. Something along the
lines of:

    public function switchLangAction($_locale)
    {
        $args = array();
        $newLang = ($_locale == "en") ? "fr" : "en";

        // this is how I would have hoped to get a reference to the
referrer request.
        $referrer = $this->get('referrer');
        $referrerfRoute = $referrer->parameters->get('_route');
        $args = $referrer-parameters->get(''args"); // not sure how to
get the route args out of the params either!
        $args['_locale'] = $newLang;

        $response = new RedirectResponse( $this->generateUrl(
            $referrerRoute,
            $args
        ));

        return $response;
    }

It's also possible that there is another way to do this - I know in
rails there is the "redirect_to :back" method for example.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

security at symfony-project.com