Until the BETA2 update I was getting warnings related to serializing
the User Entity, it is a breaking problem in beta2.  So, I googled
around and found this:

http://groups.google.com/group/symfony-users/browse_thread/thread/54ca0790fa861271/edffbbc8343af2d0?lnk=gst&q=__sleep#edffbbc8343af2d0

Following the advice there, I created serialize() and unserialize()
methods and had my "Users" class implement \Serializable.  I tried
returning an array, which through the following Exception:

"Symfony\Component\Security\Core\Authentication\Token
\UsernamePasswordToken::serialize() must return a string or NULL"

I returned null and it worked but it rendered the Entity returned by
$this->get('security.context') and it's twig counterpart useless
because it contained no data.

So, I tried imploding the array and returning that and was met with
the Exception noted above.

I also tried looking through the "Security" chapter in the book and
could not find any  information about how to or what to serialize.
Can anyone point me to a resource that explains how to do this in a
Symfony-appropriate way?

Roger

security at symfony-project.com