Hi everybody.
I'm using compass and assetic to publish my assets...
After some day of test I found two main things that I don't
understand:

1. Why the CompassFilter is just a fallback to sass --compass instead
of using the compass command line?
2. Is there a way to pass some "build variables" to the compiler using
the sass command line?

For example:
in my compass scss files I use image-url helper, that turn:
background: image-url('icons/new.png') no-repeat left;
to:
background: url('../images/icons/new.png') no-repeat left;

the first part of the url comes from three directives that are defined
in config.rb. A ruby file that is inside the compass main folder.

relative_assets = true
images_dir = "../web/images"
css_dir = "../web/css"

Compass is smart enough to calculate the relative url of the assets
from the stylesheets folder.

This is a good thing...because I can move the entire image folder to
everywhere I want, and then just change the config.rb file and
recompile.

The sass command line, I presume, do not parse the config.rb file, and
I can't find a way to pass some variables to the compiler....if it's
possible....

Is there a workaround for this?
Many thanks!

security at symfony-project.com