On Tue, Jun 21, 2011 at 12:02 PM, Luis Cordova <cordo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> splitting is counterproductive, we can always hit delete
> I myself hit a ton of deletes even with sf2 and I am for sf2, so i
> think people is having too thin of a skin.

If you think the use of a 1.x branch of a popular web framework is going to
die out shortly after the release of a BC-breaking 2.0 branch that shares a
name, you are mistaken.

Splitting the lists is a one-time effort, with a slope of minor annoyances
for the users of it that trickles down to nil over the course of a few weeks
to a month. Not splitting the list means everyone only interested in 1.x or
2.x gets to sift through a bunch of noise, constantly.

security at symfony-project.com