On Jan 6, 2008 6:10 PM, Gael Varoquaux <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Sun, Jan 06, 2008 at 12:06:49PM -0500, Alan Bromborsky wrote:
>
> > Often symbolic expressions are very long.  Is there anyway (algorithym)
> > to split them into multiline strings that make sense with respect to
> > level of parenthesis.  Before I try to do this myself I want to make
> > sure I am not reinventing the wheel (does sympy have pretty output?).
>
> You can have a look at the breqn latex package. I am not sure it does
> what you want, but I know it is used by maxima for pleasing output.

This feature would be very useful indeed. I don't think we have
something for it yet. Only an issue. :)

http://code.google.com/p/sympy/issues/detail?id=133

It should ideally work for both simple and pretty print:

In [1]: Basic.set_repr_level(1)
Out[1]: 2

In [2]: (x**1+1)*(x**2-1)
Out[2]: -(1 + x)*(1 - x**2)