On Jan 13, 2008 5:58 PM, Alan Bromborsky <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> The quickest way for me to get my geometric algebra module working with
> sympy is to override the +,-, and * operators in numpy so that they work
> with sypmy objects as array components.  However, I have not found any
> references on how to override operators in exisiting modules. Is there
> anyway to do this without modifying the code in the numpy module?

Don't know about numpy. But I think the quickest way is to get rid
of the sequence protocol in sympy, i.e. don't use

sin(x)[:] but sin(x).args[:]

then numpy should start working with sympy like a charm. This is the issue:

http://code.google.com/p/sympy/issues/detail?id=556

And I submitted my first code yesterday:

http://groups.google.com/group/sympy-patches/browse_thread/thread/bc52b09cea44893d

now the whole sympy needs to be fixed to use .args[:] and that's it.

Ondrej