On Tue, Jan 22, 2008 at 10:04:28AM +0100, Ondrej Certik wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Kirill has found this nice program
>
> http://review-board.org/

It was mentioned in the last thursday Linux Weekly News (lwn.net) issue.

> for doing patch reviews online. The project looks cool, and I am all
> for trying it. The sympy-patches mailinglist, that we use, well, it's
> a little pain -- sending the patch is easy, just "hg email -ao", but
> reviewing is kind of not optimal. The above project seems to improve
> the overall experience.
>
> Reviewing patches should be fun and I'd like people to take part in it
> - reviewing is just talking and no coding, so it's not time consuming
> and still you learn a lot. But it needs to be a pleasure
> to do the review, not some mailinglist as it is now, where you need to
> download the attachement, then copy the code by hand, comment it, etc.

Although I'm for trying new possibilities to improve reviewing experiens
and make it fun, I have to say reviewing by email is not that painful.

Basicaly it takes one to setup his/her email client to apply patches
easily, say with one keypress. I myself has 'A' key which says "apply
patch from this email to sympy", so no manual downloading, no copying
etc -- just one key and the patch is in place -- you can play with it.

Also, replying is easy -- I just go to usual 'reply' and the patch is
there -- quoted.

> When I find some more time, I'll try to set it up. Or if anyone of you
> would like to take a lead - go ahead, I can easily redirect
> "review.sympy.org" (or something similar) to your server.

Ok. Having said that I think that a good system have to be 2 goods --
email interface + web frontend.

Let's go for it :)

--
    Всего хорошего, Кирилл.