On Tue, Apr 1, 2008 at 12:44 PM, Colin Gillespie <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  Dear All,
>
>  Just a quick note to say that pypi is slightly out of date. Also, I
>  use easy_install to install python packages, and although easy_install
>  works with sympy, there are a lot of warning messages.
>
>  The warning messages are mainly about not having __init__.py files in
>  your directories.
>
>  For example,
>
>  $ easy_install sympy
>  Searching for sympy
>  Reading http://www.python.org/pypi/sympy/
>  Couldn't find index page for 'sympy' (maybe misspelled?)
>  Scanning index of all packages (this may take a while)
>  Reading http://www.python.org/pypi/
>  Reading http://www.python.org/pypi/SymPy/0.5.11
>  Reading http://code.google.com/p/sympy/
>  Best match: sympy 0.5.13
>  Downloading http://sympy.googlecode.com/files/sympy-0.5.13.tar.gz
>  Processing sympy-0.5.13.tar.gz
>  Running sympy-0.5.13/setup.py -q bdist_egg --dist-dir /tmp/
>  easy_install-B3updq/sympy-0.5.13/egg-dist-tmp-as5Xhj
>  package init file 'sympy/concrete/tests/__init__.py' not found (or not
>  a regular file)
>  <snip>
>  package init file 'sympy/utilities/tests/__init__.py' not found (or
>  not a regular file)
>  Creating missing __init__.py for sympy.concrete.tests
>  <snip>
>  Creating missing __init__.py for sympy.test_external
>  zip_safe flag not set; analyzing archive contents...
>  sympy.__init__: module references __file__
>  sympy.plotting.__init__: module references __file__
>  sympy.utilities.pkgdata: module references __file__
>  Adding sympy 0.5.13 to easy-install.pth file
>  Installing isympy script to /data/ncsg3/pythonModules//bin
>
>  Installed /data/ncsg3/pythonModules/lib/python2.4/site-packages/
>  sympy-0.5.13-py2.4.egg
>  Processing dependencies for sympy

Thanks for noticing. The tests/ directories are our tests, so I don't
think they should be imported. Why should there by __init__ files in
it?

To be honest, I never use pypi, as I find it not so convenient (and
the web interface messy). However I understand some people use it and
it helps for them, so I'd like to fix it. Do you know how to do it
from the command line?

This is what I get:

$ ./setup.py register
running register
warning: register: missing meta-data: either (author and author_email)
or (maintainer and maintainer_email) must be supplied
Using PyPI login from /home/ondra/.pypirc
Server response (200): OK
$

Do you know what we have to do at each release to get the pypi page
updated correctly?

Ondrej