On Thu, Apr 17, 2008 at 03:28:10PM +0200, Ondrej Certik wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 17, 2008 at 12:08 PM, Friedrich Hagedorn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> >
> >  Hello,
> >
> >  is there a variable to see the revision in the installed sympy module?
> >
> >  May be
> >
> >  [~] % isympy
> >  Python 2.5.1 console for SymPy 0.5.13-hg
                                    ^^^^^^^^^
This one I know. But I thought I can get a more accurate information
of revision.

> >  These commands were executed:
> >  >>> from __future__ import division
> >  >>> from sympy import *
> >  >>> x, y, z = symbols('xyz')
> >  >>> k, m, n = symbols('kmn', integer=True)
> >  >>> f = Function("f")
> >
> >  Documentation can be found at http://sympy.org/
> >
> >  In [1]: sympy.rev
> >
> >  --> cb530fab81c4
> >
> >  So I could see on what revision I work with sympy.
>
> Right. Well, the problem is that it's difficult to embed this into the
> sources, because once you save it to sources, you change the hash. :)

Just an idea. One could create such variale with the

  python setup.py install

process. I

  hg pull

on my sympy-clone to look whats new and when I decide to upgrade then I
run the setup.py. But in the meantime I do sometimes

  hg up ???

in my hg-clone. So I forget the installed revision. And when I say
"That dont work" I want to see what revision I have installed.

But this is may be a minor problem.

By,

  Friedrich