On Sun, Jun 22, 2008 at 11:43 AM, Ondrej Certik <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On 6/22/08, David Roberts <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I really like live.sympy.org - it's very useful when using systems
>> that don't have a sympy installation. However, sometimes it can be a
>> little hard to quickly interpret the plaintext math. I've put together
>> a little graphical shell which renders LaTeX output from sympy
>> instead, and I thought I'd post it here in case anyone's interested.
>> It's still a bit rough, but it mostly works. In order to use it:
>> - setup sympy-live as described in
>> http://hg.sympy.org/sympy-live/file/fb3ce51d106b/README
>> - cd /path/to/sympy-live
>> - apply the attached patch
>> - download http://prototypejs.org/assets/2008/1/25/prototype-1.6.0.2.js
>> as static/prototype.js
>> - download http://downloads.sourceforge.net/jsmath/jsMath-v3.5.zip and
>> extract it into into static/
>> - /path/to/dev_appserver.py .
>> - go to http://localhost:8080/graphical
>
> Hi David,
>
> thanks a lot! Unfortunately the wifi here at a conference is not
> working so I'll have a chance to try it out on Tuesday. I am curious
> how it looks like.

I tried that and I like it, so I added your patches to:

http://hg.sympy.org/sympy-live/

and uploaded your code to the app engine, so anyone can now go to:

http://live.sympy.org/

and on the bottom of the page find the link to your new graphical
shell with jsMath rendering.

Simple things work nice. I also tried:

>>> sin(x).series(x, 0, 5)

and it renders fine except the O(x**5) term, where I get  instead of O.

Generally, it'd be awesome if all these things could be plugged into
one notebook like interface. But that would require quite some work.

Ondrej