On Sat, Aug 23, 2008 at 10:08 PM, nadyl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
>  when I try something like :

> the answer is :
>
> '${x}^{(-1)}$'
>
> and not $\frac{1}{x}$.
>
> Is it a way to get the previous result ? (I use sympy version  :
> 0.5.8)
>
> Thanks for any answer  since my question is a newbies one !

Thanks a lot for the spot. I made it:

http://code.google.com/p/sympy/issues/detail?id=1030

It should be fixed in the LatexPrinter  sympy/printing/latex.py.
Actually there is a code for this already:

            if expr.exp.is_negative:
                return r"\frac{1}{%s}" % tex
            else:
                return tex

Could anyone please look into it why it isn't working?

Thanks,
Ondrej