Hi,

On 24 Dec 2008, at 23:36, Alan Bromborsky wrote:
> When you say configuration option I assume you mean a global switch so
> you can turn the option off and on for different parts of the program.

I was thinking more along the lines as an optional parameter passed to
latex(expr, expFormat='auto') or something along those lines. That way
there is no need for any kind of global state variable and so no need
to set/restore it.

Although having to pass multiple configuration options each time is
not the nicest thing in the world, in 99% of cases the defaults will
probably be what most people want.

Regards, Freddie.