Thanks for your welcome. :)

Again, I agree with Vinzent.

Sometimes, it's ok to work in, say, C, and then, finally, select only
real solutions.
It's typically the case when you search for roots of polynomials.

But there're other times you simply can't do that. For example,
solving inequalities in C, like 2x+7<3x+5, and then restricting to R
has no meaning at all.

In any case, I find also more intuitive to start with assumptions,
before solving (probably because I always teach to my pupils to use
quantifiers to indicate where you work, before starting to
calculate...).