Hi all,

I noticed that there is an entry on the todo list related to "objects
with indices (tensors)". I was wondering whether there is any interest
on the list to join forces with my open source tensor computer algebra
system "cadabra", http://www.aei.mpg.de/~peekas/cadabra/ .

Tensor algebra is far from a trivial extension of 'scalar' algebra
(for lack of a better word for what sympy currently does), and I have
spent a lot of time making cadabra do things which are not possible in
any other 'list-based' CAS. Although my code is C++, I'd be happy to
brainstorm about possible ways to either link sympy to cadabra, or
else to re-implement my algorithms within sympy.

In addition, cadabra has a fully graphical notebook front-end which
could potentially be adapted to work with sympy (this is independent
of whether or not you are interested in the tensor algorithms).

Have a look at the sample notebooks and the tutorial in the reference
manual, and let me know.

Cheers,
Kasper