On Mon, Mar 02, 2009 at 01:31:41AM -0800, Akshay Srinivasan wrote:

> Update: I'm currently trying to implement the Boolean Algebra part.
> This looks like it'll take a lot more time. I'm thinking of applying
> to GSoc. Does this look like a worthwile project ?

Yes, in an appropriate setting its a worthwhile project. See

http://wiki.sympy.org/wiki/GSoC2009Ideas

for a list of very general ideas. In your case, you should find section
about "formal logics and set theory". Note you don't have to implement
everything what's written there, just choose a valid and usable subset,
which will be possible to be done in GSoC time period.

You can also, and in fact you should, propose your own goals and details
of the project, because the general rule is that projects proposed by
participants are the most successful.

--
Mateusz