Hi Yuriy!

On Tue, Mar 24, 2009 at 9:37 AM, Yuriy <yuriymikhaylovs...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Need help in the development and use JMCAD
>
> http://jmcad.sourceforge.net/
>
> Project Information
>
> JMCAD is an program for the modeling and simulation of complex dynamic
> systems. This includes the ability to construct and simulate block
> diagrams. The visual block diagram interface offers a simple method
> for constructing, modifying and maintaining complex system models. The
> simulation engine provides fast and accurate solutions for linear,
> nonlinear, continuous time, discrete time, time varying and hybrid
> system designs. With JMCAD, users can quickly develop software or
> "virtual" prototypes of systems or processes to demonstrate their
> behavior prior to building physical prototypes.
>
> The user builds his system model by selecting predefined blocks from a
> block library and simply wiring the blocks together. Each block of the
> diagram performs a function. Users can also create custom blocks in
> Java and add them to the JMCAD block library.
>
> JMCAD is a block diagram language for creating complex nonlinear
> dynamic systems. Its fast execution speed is perfect for model based
> operator training, off-line controller tuning, and hardware in the
> loop testing. Its efficient Java code generator makes it a great
> platform for model based embedded system development.
>
> By combining the simplicity and clarity of a block diagram interface
> with a high-performance mathematical engine, JMCAD provides fast and
> accurate solutions for linear, nonlinear, continuous time, discrete
> time, multi-rate, and hybrid systems. Moreover, JMCAD's tightly
> integrated development platform makes it easy to pass freely between
> model construction, simulation, optimization, and validation. This
> lets you create virtual prototypes on your desktop to make sure your
> design works properly before committing to prototype.
>
> For specialized engineering problems, JMCAD offers a comprehensive set
> of companion products for frequency domain analysis, Java code
> generation, communications system modeling, DSP and embedded system
> design, neural networks and real-time analog and digital I/O.
>
> The program is developed with use of language Java and can be used in
> various operational systems (Windows, Linux, Solaris, Unix, etc.).

First of all thanks for doing it! I am myself prefer to just control
everything from a python script, but I think there are users who
appreciate a nice GUI.

Since I am very busy with sympy and my own research, I can't really
help myself, but I can offer some advice, if you want, how to attract
more developers:

* create a mailinglist to your project
* create a bug tracker and put there bugs that need to be fixed
* create a set of guidelines that people who want to help out should follow

I myself would also move away from sourceforge, as I find it really
messy to navigate. So that's what I would do. You are of course not
me, but maybe you'll still find some ideas useful.

Keep us informed how it goes,
Ondrej