In some of the issues postings there is discussion about the roots of
the solver routine coming back as a set instead of a list. I just
thought I would bring that discussion here to help raise any
sentiments about that. (Sorry if it's listed already, I'm still
finding my way around the sympy discussion area.)

I like the idea. Sets are the natural way to find out how two sets of
items are related (union, intersection, difference). Also, the only
thing that comes to mind that I might want to do with the roots is
sort them in a given order. Sets are unordered, but the sorted()
function sorts them and turns them into a list, behaving with sets
just like it does with lists:

>>> s=set([10, 1, 2, 3])
>>> s
set([1, 10, 3, 2])
>>> for i in sorted(s):
...     print i
1
2
3
10

Does anyone else have thoughts about making the return value of the
solvers a set instead of a list?

/chris