Maple also uses BesselJ, and I couldn't find a spherical function in
the help, but I know little about Bessel functions, so I could have
missed it.  I think that this is best.  Typing underscores is too
difficult, but just jn is too ambiguous.  It also allows for expansion
to BesselI, BesselK, and BesselY, and they would all be grouped
together in dir().  I don't know if uppercase BesselJ or lowercase
besselj would be better.  Typing dir() in isympy, seems to have a mix
of both upper and lower case named functions, with special functions
in both cases (Heaviside, gamma, zeta).

By the way, once this gets in, I will want to add in a case in dsolve
that returns it.

Aaron Meurer