On Sun, May 31, 2009 at 11:23 AM, Aaron S. Meurer <asmeu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I can't reproduce this in sympy 0.6.3, 0.6.4, or the latest pull from
> the repository.  It looks like you are running Windows, which I do not
> have a copy of to test with.  Are you running Python 2.6?

This is what happens for me:

In [1]: simplify(sqrt((-2+sqrt(2)/2)**2+(2-sqrt(2)/2)**2))
Out[1]:
         ⎽⎽⎽
-1 + 2⋅╲╱ 2

Oyster --- which version of sympy are you using? That traceback shows
that there is a bug, that shouldn't happen, I currently don't have any
windows around, can anyone with windows please try to reproduce it?

I got one legal copy of windows with my laptop, so I'll try to install
them to virtualbox and debug this, hopefully the next week.

Ondrej