Ondrej Certik wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 3, 2009 at 4:18 PM, Alan Bromborsky <abro...@verizon.net> wrote:
>
>> I got the html docs to compile under windows xp.  If anyone wants to
>> know how let me know, its not pretty!
>>

> It's not pretty how it looks after compiling? (that's bad) or it's not
> pretty how to compile it?
>
> Yes, write it here, if you have time, I think it could be useful.
> Ultimately, I want to help Sage with their windows port and then use
> it in SPD to create nice windows packages with sympy, notebook (and/or
> other stuff).
>
> http://code.google.com/p/spdproject/
>
> Ondrej

Attached are the instructions for compiling the sympy documentation
under window xp.

How to build sympy documentation on Windows XP:

 1. Go to
"http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=9328&package_id=9393&release_id=490307";
 and download UnxUtils.zip
 2. Extract UnxUtils.zip (I put the extracted directory in C:\).
 3. Add "C:\UnxUtils\usr\local\wbin" to PATH
 4. Go to "wbin" subdirectory and copy "mkdir.exe" to "umkdir.exe".  You need
to do this so that you do not use the windows "mkdir".
 5. Install "ez_setup.py" (http://peak.telecommunity.com/dist/ez_setup.py) in
"C:\Python26\Scripts"
 6. Add "C:\Python26\Scripts" to PATH
 7. Install sphinx with "ez_setup.py -U Sphinx"
 8. Install "git" for windows
 9. git sympy distribution.
10. Go to sympy/doc.
11. Open "Marst2htmlkefile" with editor.
12. Change all "mkdir" to "umkdir".
13. Change "rst2html" to "rst2html.py" on line 4 of Makefile.
14. In the "html:" group change:
        "umkdir -p _build/html _build/doctrees" to "umkdir -p _build/doctrees"
        "$(SPHINXBUILD) -b html $(ALLSPHINXOPTS) _build/html" to
"$(SPHINXBUILDpy) -b html $(ALLSPHINXOPTS) _build/html"
        "cp -r src/pics _build/html/" to "cp -r src/pics _build/html"
        "cp -r src/figures _build/html/" to "cp -r src/figures _build/html"
        "cp -r src/spt-patches _build/html/" to "cp -r src/spt-patches
_build/html"
15. Note that you have to change "umkdir -p _build/html _build/doctrees" to
"umkdir -p _build/doctrees" because the version
    of mkdir (which we have renamed umkdir) with UnxUtils terminates with an
error if it is asked to make an existing directory.
16. "make html" and that should do it!

C:\UnxUtils\usr\local\wbin;C:\Program Files\MiKTeX
2.7\miktex\bin;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\Program
 Files\Git\cmd;C:\Python26;C:\Python26\Scripts