On Sat, Jun 27, 2009 at 6:03 AM, Vinzent
Steinberg<vinzent.steinb...@googlemail.com> wrote:

> On Jun 26, 11:29 am, Christophe <projet...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hello,
>> here is a simple code :
>> ================
>> x = sympy.Symbol('x')
>> a = sympy.Symbol('a')
>> f = 'x**3+4*x+1/x+a'
>> g = sympy.integrate(f,x)
>> ================
>> The output put is  "a*x + log(x) + 2*x**2 + x**4/4" . I think that it
>> would be better to have the following output  "a*x + 2*x**2 + x**4/4 +
>> log(x)" . All polynomial expressions (regarding to letters) must be at
>> the beginning.
>
> As far as I know the ordering in sympy depends only on hashes (and
> thus depends on the platform). I agree with you that is should be at
> least configurable to sort it having a nicer output.

Actually, only the order of .args depends on hashes, the way things
are printed is controled in sympy/printing/str.py, method
_print_Add(), which sorts the arguments by powers. It should also look
for log() and pot it at the end, or at the beginning, I think puting
it at the beginning looks better for me, but it may be configurable.

> If there is not yet an issue for this, it would be great if you create
> one. :)

Yes, even better if you try to fix the _print_Add() to handle "log"
the way you want and attach a patch. :)

Ondrej