On Wed, Oct 21, 2009 at 3:55 PM, Jorn Baayen <jorn.baa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Sorry for taking so long to reply to this. I had been waiting for some
> feedback from the Reinteract maintainer (so far to no avail).
>
> On Thu, Oct 1, 2009 at 4:28 AM, Ondrej Certik <ond...@certik.cz> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Jorn!
>>
>> On Tue, Sep 29, 2009 at 3:03 PM, Jorn Baayen <jorn.baa...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>> > Dear all,
>> >
>> > This is just a short notice to let you know about a little project of
>> > mine
>> > that should hopefully be useful to others. I've
>> > been hacking Reinteract (reinteract.org, an interactive Python shell
>> > which
>> > allows you to go back and edit previous
>> > statements) to render SymPy objects using MathML (GtkMathView) or LaTeX.
>> > Screenshots, links to required Python
>> > bindings and a link to my Reinteract git branch can be found in my blog
>> > post
>> > here:
>> >

>> > http://jbaayen.blogspot.com/2009/09/part-of-what-makes-sympy-so-useful-is.html
>>
>> Very nice! Thanks also for your recent patches to sympy, great job.
>
> I'm glad to be able to contribute to an excellent piece of software. :-)
>
> In the meanwhile the integration code has become a lot more polished, and
> I've been
> using it extensively over the past couple of weeks. Thanks to the work of
> Robert Schroll the module [1] can now be used without patching reinteract
> itself,
> although the current mechanism is not optimal and liable to break in some
> cases.
>
> Until a new version of lasem (which is now used for rendering) is released,
> lasem
> and pylasem from git are needed though.
>
> [1] http://github.com/jbaayen/reinteract/blob/sympy/lib/resympy.py

Thanks for this. I have reviewed all your patches in the issues, and
applied some. I hope it will take me less time in the future. If you
want to speed things up, just pick someone from the recent "git log"
and ask him for a review.

>> Will it be possible to use reinteract over the web browser in the
>> future? Or do you think it would be too much work.
>
> It shouldn't be too hard to separate the reinteract 'core' from its gtk
> frontend, but
> I don't really have enough experience developing advanced web applications
> to comment
> on how well it would work. It certainly would be nice to be able to use
> reinteract in a
> web browser!

Yes. I am learning all the web stuff as well, so I am not an expert either. :)

Ondrej