On Sunday 01 November 2009 02:58:21 Ondrej Certik wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 30, 2009 at 3:09 AM, Minh Nguyen <nguyenmi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi folks,
> >
> > Just in case you're wondering why spam mails got through occasionally,
> > here are some stories that present the moderator's side:
> >
> > http://www.webmonkey.com/blog/Google_Groups_Fail%3A_JQuery_Dumps_Google_O
> >ver_Spam__Interface_Problems
> >
> > http://ejohn.org/blog/google-groups-is-dead/
>
> I can only second that --- the admin interface is terrible. Sometimes
> the spam goes through even though both me and Mateusz who are
> moderators of the sympy list think that we *didn't* let it through.

We've also been having trouble with the Mathtex list. Some of the spam makes
it to moderation while rest gets straight through. I have even read stories of
spammers faking the addresses of actual subscribers in order to by-pass
moderation completely.

Google really do need to up their game when it comes to spam filtering.

Regards, Freddie.