Hi,

so Google will do the Google Summer of Code 2010, see [0], [1].

We'll try to apply as an organization with sympy, if we succeed, it'd
be cool, if not, we'll participate under some umbrella organizations,
like in the last years.

So if you are thinking of applying as a student, now it's time to get
involved with sympy. Read on our wiki about our previous participation
[2], former students' applications, etc. And try to send us some
patches, fixing some bugs for example, see our issues [3].

Ondrej

[0]
http://groups.google.com/group/google-summer-of-code-discuss/browse_thread/thread/d839c0b02ac15b3f
[1]