Hi there, I kind of wanted to participate in this year's GSOC, and I
looked through the suggestions and I couldn't help noticing there are
no suggestions for optimizations for a particular architecture that
could make SymPy faster. I am speaking particularly of GPU usage (e.g.
CUDA) and parallel distributed memory architectures. As much as I've
seen SymPy doesn't include any optimizations for that kind of usage
and it would be nice (particularly now that there is PyCUDA & etc.).
So I was thinking it might be a good suggestion to participate with
this kind of idea... or is it against the idea of portability and
therefore not acceptable for SymPy? The way I see it it could greatly
increase performance in many algorithms if done properly... Thanks