Robert,

>> So should we have all .evalf(), .n() and .N() methods? If someone
>> expects to have .N() too, we can do that (Sage doesn't have it and no
>> one seems to complain though).
>
> FWIW, I think this kind of consistency is overrated. What looks nice
> as a method doesn't always look nice as a function. Users coming from
> other languages expect all kinds of unreasonable things.

For folks like you or I I somewhat agree.  As long as I can tab
complete I can adapt and adjust.  But for my students whose only
computing experience is their iPhone and Internet explorer, this type
of thing does matter.

Also, while it may be overrated, there is no *harm* in making it more
consistent.

Cheers,

Brian