On Apr 28, 5:09 pm, "Aaron S. Meurer" <asmeu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> These are probably good ideas, though I am not to familiar with the code.
> Where does splitting subs into an algebraic subs and a strictly structural
> subs fit into all of this?

As I said above, it's my intend to replace the matching algorithm
implemented by "subs" (more precisely by "_eval_subs") with the
matching algorithm implemented by "match". In the moment these are
basically two different implementations which behave slightly
different and make it hard to predict the outcome.
A separate issue is that I would like to also have structural matching
which isn't implemented in the moment. If I or someone else succeeds
in implementing this then subs could easily be adapted to use it by
making it accept some keyword like "matchmethod" which then would
propagate to the used match function.

I hope this answers your question,

Sebastian