I just tested the latest master with Python 2.6.6 rc2 and I got the
exact same test failures.

If this isn't fixed by the final release of Python 2.6.6, I will open
up an issue for it.

By the way, the new release date for Python 2.6.6 final is August 24
[0].

Aaron Meurer

[0] - http://www.python.org/download/releases/2.6.6/