When the old assumption system is replaced, you can add new assumptions to
the global context:

global_assumptions.add(Assume(x, Q.positive))
global_assumptions.remove(Assume(x, Q.positive))

  You can do that now if you want to use the ask / refine / etc part of the
new assumptions system. The speed may be poor, however, until my branch gets
in. Once it does, I'm going to focus on having the old assumptions pulled
out via one of the many attempts floating around already.

  Cheers