Dear list,

I would like to express my interest in working no the symbolic
integration capabilities of sympy as part of a GSOC project.

My name is Tom Bachmann and I study mathematics (second year) at the
university of cambridge, england. Here is an overview of my computer
programming experience: I have previously worked on the Hurd project
(in C), I did a project that started the port of the kaXen/afterburner
pre-virtualisation environment to amd64 (in C++), and I have extended
the wikireader codebase to handle ebooks from project gutenberg
(mostly python). I can supply more details and/or references if you
wish. I have also created some "fun projects" on my own, the most
relevant here being probably what I call "fz" [1], a program to plot
various special functions in the complex plane and on riemann surfaces
(in C++). Finally here in cambridge there are so-called "CATAM" [2]
(computer-aided teaching of all of mathematics) projects on which I
got excellent results; this may or may not be meaningful to you.

With this background settled, let me say that I find both of the
proposed approaches to symbolic integration (resdiue theorem and Mejer
functions) very interesting. I believe I do understand well the
mathematics behind both. Depending on what you perceive to be more
important, I would be happy to work on either, with possibly a slight
preference for the residue method. What is the state of any existing
implementation in sympy?

If there is any specific other information that you want me to supply,
please don't hesitate to let me know.

Thanks,
Tom

[1] https://bitbucket.org/ness/fz/overview