You should be aware that Google only allows one student per project (see
http://www.google-melange.com/document/show/gsoc_program/google/gsoc2011/faqs#group).
  This means that if you both want to apply and be accepted, you need to apply
for separate projects.  This is because there are separate payments, separate
evaluations, etc.

Also, in case I didn't stress it enough, the deadline is Friday, so don't take
your time.

Aaron Meurer