Hi,

On 5 April 2011 15:53, Effect <fedot...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've created  a page on a wiki with my application for GSoC'2011:
>
> https://github.com/sympy/sympy/wiki/GSoC-2011-Application-Pavel-Fedotov:-Multivariate-polynomials-and-factorization
>
> I continue working with my proposal now.
> So I open to your questions and ready to provide more information.

Support for polynomials was significantly improved over the past year. Most
notably Wang's multivariate factorization algorithm was implemented, so
statement that "Currently multivariate factorization algorithm is based on
Kronecker's method" is incorrect and obsolete. I strongly suggest you
familiarize your self with SymPy's capabilities and choose algorithms and
data structures that weren't implemented yet, and especially those which
really make sense. For example: as SymPy already has Wang's algorithm for
multivariate factorization, then it should be straightforward to implement
EEZ-GCD reusing parts of the existing implementation (it would be also nice
to study and implement coefficient prediction sub-algorithm of EEZ for
iterations 2..n (supposed to give huge speed ups for large sparse
polynomials)). If you would like to implement a different algorithm, e.g.
SP-MOD, then you will have to start basically from scratch (although I would
like to have implementation of this algorithm in SymPy). You will have to
also provide a more detailed schedule of what you want to do and when.

> Pavel Fedotov.

Mateusz