On Wed, Apr 13, 2011 at 11:37 PM, Tom Bachmann <ness...@googlemail.com>wrote:

> How do you plan on implementing limits of bivariate functions?
> Computing them is a *very* nontrivial extension over univariate limits
> (as far as I can tell) ...

To find limit at (x,y) = (0,0) replace "y" by "mx" and check whether the
given limit is independent of "m" or not. If it is independent, than limit
exists and otherwise not. *function.subs* will be handy for this. This idea
can be extended for any general point (a,b) in plane with first I need to
shift the origin to that point and than applying the same logic.

I might come up with better method and handling extreme cases ( like x/y ->
oo) during coding but this is my initial approach.
But before that, I should make sure that this developers are happy with this
change.