Hello everyone,

I took ideas from mattpap's thesis at [1], specifically the idea of multi
level structure.

The hierarchy I have in mind is

Level 0 : A collection of functions that operate on groundtypes(GMPY,
Python, Sympy).
Functions of this layer will receive the Matrix data as arguments.
Function names will be prefixed with identifiers as to which data structure
it works on.
This layer is unaware of Matrix classes.
Functions of this level can only call functions of the same level.
All the algorithms for factorization, etc. will be implemented in this
level.

Level 1 : A collection of classes like DOKMatrix, COOMatrix, DenseMatrix,
etc.
The data structure is defined in this class.
This class will have user functions which use the functions of level 0.

Level 2 : The Matrix class
These class which will return one of the class of level 1 using the __new__
function.

This idea is still unformed. I invite comments to help me evolve this idea.
Ask if you feel something is not clear.

[1] http://mattpap.github.com/masters-thesis/html/src/internals.html