On Mon, May 23, 2011 at 4:03 PM, Chris Smith <smi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Aaron S. Meurer wrote:

>> -1.  Even without guessing, referencing the solutions by the symbol
>> makes things easier to read and to reference programmatically.  It's
>> much easier to say sol[x] than to figure out what position x was in
>> and call sol[i].
>
> Well...then you can't have sets until the frozendict is implemented, so if
> you want sets then someone's gotta give the green light to the request above
> and be willing to push the commit.

I believe I misunderstood Ronan's suggestion. I thought he was
suggesting to use the builtin set, not the Set class from core. I
think using Set would be too much of a hassle: it's not even an
iterable, so you wouldn't be able to pass it to subs or convert to a
dict. I agree with Chris that solve() has very basic problems that
should be addressed right now.

If we are going to use builtin sets, I put my adapted version of
FrozenDict here:

https://gist.github.com/987629

Notice that frozen is not the same thing as hashable: all keys and
values (a restriction that plain dict doesn't impose) must be hashable
for that (like a tuple).

If people are +1, this could go into core/containers?

Renato